Attacks and Vulnerabilities
Client Side Template Injection Scanner - ACSTIS helps you to scan certain web applications for AngularJS Client-Side Template Injection (sometimes referred to as CSTI, sandbox escape or sandbox bypass). It supports scanning a single request but also crawling the entire web application for the AngularJS CSTI vulnerability.
Directory traversal (also known as file path traversal) is a web security vulnerability that allows an attacker to read arbitrary files on the server that is running an application. This might include application code and data, credentials for back-end systems, and sensitive operating system files.
File inclusion vulnerabilities allow an attacker to include a file into the applications running code. In order to actually exploit a file inclusion vulnerability, we must be able to not only execute code, but also to write our shell payload somewhere.
- Discovered the same way as directory transversals
- Locate parameters you can manipulate and attempt to use them to load arbitrary files
- We take it one step further and attempt to execute the contents of the file within the application
- Local file inclusions (LFI) occur when the included file is loaded from the same web server.
Security misconfigurations include: • Poorly configured permissions on cloud services, like S3 buckets • Having unnecessary features enabled, like services, pages, accounts or privileges • Default accounts with unchanged passwords • Error messages that are overly detailed and allow an attacker to find out more about the system • Not using HTTP security headers, or revealing too much detail in the Server: HTTP header
- MITM Proxy - Mitmproxy is your swiss-army knife for debugging, testing, privacy measurements, and penetration testing. It can be used to intercept, inspect, modify and replay web traffic such as HTTP/1, HTTP/2, WebSockets, or any other SSL/TLS-protected protocols.